Thursday, October 17, 2019

Looking for the Pennyrile

Another cold night but no wind or rain so the day began on a better note.  We were very efficient packing up and got the car loaded in 15 minutes.  We would have been out of the campsite by 8:30 but the man who is renting us a winter storage spot came over to see our dollie/car hookup.  He is considering buying a motorhome and towing a car.  We tried to show/tell him all the pros and cons of the dollie system.  It works for us but there are several factors that need to go into making that decision.    Finally, we were on the road by 9:15 a.m.

It was a beautiful drive.  We took US 41 south to I-64 east at Evansville, Indiana and then I-69 south.  All went well up unto this point of the trip.  Carol used to drive for Van Diest in this part of Indiana/Kentucky and he had it in his mind that we needed to be on the Pennyrile Parkway South which was part of US 41 South.  I, on the other hand, had a 2019 atlas on my lap and it no longer showed the Pennyrile Parkway; instead, the Pennyrile was listed as I-69 south.  Carol is the driver so we left I-69 and drove in Alternate US 41.  After a few minutes of city traffic, the driver realized that the Atlas had been correct and we needed to get to I-69 South.  We got back on track and after driving a few miles, we saw a sign that read this route was still the Pennyrile but would soon be the I-69 Corridor.  I guess the Atlas had gotten ahead of its self in removing the reference to the Pennyrile Parkway.
Bridge over the Ohio River and into Kentucky.

Sandy found a new place to sleep in the RV...behind Carol's seat.  Normally, she sleeps in the recliner.

When we entered Kentucky, the road became rocky and gentle hills.

Proof that we were on the Pennyrile Parkway.

We re-entered CDT so we gained an hour.  We drove 325 miles in 7 hours but with an additional hour, we arrived at the park at 3:30.  We took our time setting up because we will be here for four nights.

Our new campground for the next four nights.

The view from our RV.




This is Site #3.  It is great.  The restrooms/showers are across the road from this site.  There is a laundry at the campground so after supper, I did 10-days worth of laundry for less than $10.  I thought it was a bargain.  I have internet service here...I am so happy!  I called Dena and we are going to get together tomorrow for lunch.  We are looking forward to seeing her and catching up with each other.  




No comments:

Post a Comment