Monday, October 22, 2018

The Road to Death Valley



We had a rude awakening early this morning around 4:00.  The guy next door decided to start his diesel motorhome and hook up his car so he could leave.  He let it run for what seemed forever.  Finally, he left and all was peaceful and quiet again.  We were on the road by 8:15 a.m.  Sad to leave this campground.  It was so nice and I especially loved the internet.  Normally, I don't connect to the wifi in a campground but I was having so much trouble downloading pictures that I thought I would give theirs a try.  It was actually HIGH SPEED.  My pictures would download before I could even get my thoughts together as to what I would say. 

The drive from I-15 to Death Valley is beautiful.  Of course, I have said that about a lot of drives.  I need to find new words to describe what we see. 


When we are in the west, we are reminded of the importance of the railroads.  The trains in Wyoming, Nebraska and states west from there were coal trails.  The trains in the southwest seem to carry containers from the Pacific Coast docks.  This picture shows one trail headed west and one headed east both carrying containers.

Eddie's Ice Cream business had a unique way to advertise his business.

These pictures were taken from I-40 east and 127 north to Death Valley.





Highway 127 had pull offs along the road.  We took advantage of one to eat our lunch.  This was the view as we ate.















We arrived at Death Valley around 2:00 p.m.  The road into the park gave us a peek into what we would be seeing the next couple of days.











We got set up on Site #69.  This is the view from our site.

Another view from the site.

Site #69.  The site is paved, level, extra long and has water, 50 amp service and sewer.  Also, there is plenty of space between sites.  Only drawback is the lack of showers.



We sat outside after supper and enjoyed the view and a cool breeze.  We did turn on the air conditioner.  It was very pleasant.  Tomorrow we will go to Manzanar.  Looking forward to seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment