Friday, September 2, 2016

50th Anniversary Trip - Day 2: Slow to Go

I was up at 7:00 and Sandy and I took a nice walk around the camp.  Carol finally got up at 8:00.  We decided to eat breakfast at the camp before we packed up.  As we were packing up, our site neighbor stopped by and he and Carol talked for about 30 minutes.  Finally, on the road around 10:00 a.m.  It was a great day to be driving.  The sun was shinning, light winds, traffic moving along.  We stopped at Chillicothe for gas.  We didn't have any trouble.  This is a Casey's that we always stop at and we know we can maneuver to a gas pump without blocking anyone else.

Sandy was very nervous the first hour of two but then she settled in.
This is her favorite easy chair in which to sleep.

We made it to Victoria Acres RV  Park outside of Nebraska City.  We have a great site - #58.  It seems to be the largest site in the whole campground.  We sit at the end of a road so we only have one neighbor to the north of us with lots of green grass separating us.  The awning side has no neighbors.  It is perfect.

We unloaded the car because we will be driving into Omaha the next two days.  I wanted to take a picture of the site but my camera wouldn't cooperate.  I had been having trouble with the screen going dark before this trip but finally, it quit working completely.  We headed into Nebraska City and a Walmart to purchase another camera.  I know most people would use their phones but I am more comfortable with a camera in my hand. If I have said it once, I have said it a thousand times, I am a dinosaur.  There is so much road construction between here and the Walmart.  It was a complete mess trying to get into and out of the Walmart parking lot.  I couldn't find the camera I wanted so the clerk (who was very helpful) said a Walmart at Bellevue would have a better selection so I decided to wait until tomorrow to buy a camera.  Back to camp for supper and some relaxation.  The one draw back that I can see to this park is that there are only two showers for the whole park.  I guess most people would use the shower in their RV but we use our shower for additional storage and like to use the one at the park.

As I think about 50 years ago, Carol, Mom and I spent this Friday making arrangements for our wedding on September 4.  We got our marriage license, brought flowers, found a minister and church.   I remember it was a busy day.    The wedding was set for 2:00 p.m. at the First Baptist Church of Bellevue, Nebraska.

No comments:

Post a Comment