Saturday, February 23, 2013

Laissez les bons temps rouler! (Let the good times roll)

Our day began at 8:15 waiting in line at this cafe in Breaux Bridge.   We waited nearly an hour and a half  before we were seated.  Some in our group (they shall remain nameless!) were impatient but it was worth the wait.   The music provided by Leroy Thomas and the Zydeco Roadrunners was great.  The group was being videoed for a television broadcast.The dance floor was filled with great dancers.   Three hours later we exited the cafe with a lot less hearing then when we entered!

The afternoon of music and food continued at the campground.  The campground had a "boucherie" or hog killing.  It was in reality a pig roast with jambalaya, roasted pig, dancing, and music provided by CajuNation.  I think that dancing is second nature to the people of Louisiana.  They can really "shake a leg."

As we were walking Sandy, a beautiful sunset appeared in the sky.  It was a nice, quiet way to end the day.  I am having trouble with my entry tonight.  Just when I think I have this blog and IPad figured out, it hands me a big curve and nothing I did yesterday works today.  Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better one for me and my blog.










No comments:

Post a Comment