Saturday, December 26, 2015

Goodbye Mickey Mouse

We were sad to leave but had to head home.  We packed up and were on the road by 9:00.  It was a day of driving north.  Sometimes we drove the speed limit of 70 and when we hit road construction, we would creep along at 20 MPH.  Nine hours later we pulled into an Holiday Inn Express at Calhoun, Georgia.  Our original reservation of a king bed was upgraded to a king bed with a suite because our room wasn't ready when we checked in.  It is nice to stretch out and relax in such a big area.

After Kara and family checked in, we went to a Hardee's for supper.  There I managed to create a big laugh and memory for the family by falling off the bench I was sitting on.  I was sitting on the end and I had a "senior moment" and forgot how close I was to the end of the bench.  I wanted to slide down to give Hunter more room and slid on to the floor.  I landed on my elbow and bloodied it a bit all the while, all who saw the spectical were rolling in laughter.  My milkshake and glasses flew on the floor, as well. Mom always tries to make sure everyone is having a good time.  I keep saying we are making memories so this will be another special one.  As they were laughing, they did pick me up and clean up the milkshake.   What a great way to end the day.  Tomorrow we should make it home.  The arrival time will be determined by the flow of traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment