Thursday, June 1, 2023

Ohio Bound

 Finally, June 1 arrived.  Carol and I were up by five to finish packing and do last minute things.  Told the boys to be here by 8 and they were close...8:15 a.m.  Packed their stuff and on the road by 8:30 a.m.  It was a nice day to drive, sunny and warm but not too warm.  Stopped at rest area outside Decatur for Carol to check the straps on the tires.  They were fine.


We crossed the Indiana Stateline about 10:30.  They have a new sign to greet travelers.  I like it.

  The closer we got to Indianapolis the more traffic we encountered.  When we were almost to the exit  to I-465 south around Indianapolis, we saw a sign that read "I-465 South closed south to I-65 beginning June 2."  We breathed a sigh of relief that we were here on June 1.  We were able to take I-465 South to I-70 east.  When we come back this week next Thursday, we will have to take I-465 North.  Carol drove through all the traffic and lane closures like a pro.  We did shut off the radio so he could concentrate.
On I-70 east the west-bound lane was stopped for several miles.  So glad we were heading east.
  The highway was very rough.  There were times that I thought the RV would rattle off its wheels.
Finally, Ohio and it was a miracle...the road were smooth.  I think Indiana needs to spend less money on roads in Indianapolis and more on the road out of the city.

Pulled into the KOA around 2:30 EDT.  We are in site 6.  It is a patio site on the corner  It will be in the shade for early evening.  After supper, we traditionally walk to the KOA office for ice cream for dessert.  This KOA has a café which sells cups of ice cream.  After dessert, we played a game of "bags."  Poor Hunter had me for a partner so we lost.  The guys are taking showers while I finish the blog.  When they get back we will play some Old Maid and Uno before calling it a day.  It was a good day of traveling.  We will be here three nights so tomorrow we will begin to explore the Dayton area and everything airplane and aerospace related.






No comments:

Post a Comment