Monday, September 7, 2026

Hello, Hunter

 Our first stop this morning before we left town was to see the falls for which Sioux Falls was named.  It was a good decision because the falls were very pretty.


Sioux Falls


Sioux Falls


The sky looks very interesting as we drove east on I-90.  We did drive off and on in rain but, thankfully, the rain cooled the temperatures down...Yeah!

Minnesota welcomed us!

Everytime we drive this part of I-90 we would see the Spam Museum advertised so this time we stopped.  It is located in Austin, Minnesota.  Austin is the headquarters of Hormel the company who originated and manufactures Spam.  I love Spam. I even have a casserole that features Spam.  When the kids were at home and it was their birthdays, they quite frequently asked for the Spam casserole for their birthday meal.  







See the picture below for explanation of this motorcycle.




We arrived at Ames at 3:00 p.m.  Hunter came to the motel and we played a game of cards.  Then we went to Texas Roadhouse for supper.  We saw this character in the restaurant.  He is Andy Armadillo.  He roamed the dining area and danced at different times.  I don't think Decatur's Roadhouse has an Andy Armadillo.  At least, we have never seen him there.

After supper, we returned to the motel for another game of cards.  It was good to visit with Hunter.  He is busy with his classes and now he has a job that he has to juggle with classes and studying.  He is looking forward to getting  college behind him, but we told him to enjoy every day because one day he will walke up and be our ages.

Tomorrow we head for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment