Saturday, November 6, 2021

Still in Arkansas

The night was cold but with the furnace on we were cozy.  We walked down to Grandpa's Griddle for breakfast.  Carol had "all you can eat" pancakes and I had a sausage and egg muffin.  Both were very good.  I hadn't taken a picture of our spot so I did so before we had completely packed up.

We are in L4 and it was a very tight fit. It was also hard to level the motorhome.  We will not be camping here again.  We had to park the car in the front which meant we couldn't load it until this morning.  That was ok because we were in no hurry to get on the road. Once loaded, I said "Yeah, this is the last time this trip that we have to load the car."   We only had 175 miles until our next stop of Marion, Arkansas KOA.  

 
On I-30 we saw a pretty tree or two like this one.  There was a lot of traffic on I-30.  We thought traffic would be less on a Saturday.


This is site 53.  It is a patio site and very level.  We got in and set up by 2:00 p.m.  The sun was shining so we sat outside on the patio.  This KOA serves a dinner meal and delivers it to your campsite, so we ordered one for each of us.  Our last night out and I won't be cooking.  

This is our patio site.  It has a nice table with four chairs and a glider.  I booked this site because I knew it would be long enough that we wouldn't have to unhook the car/dolly.  We have not turned on the furnace but I am sure we will before the evening is over.  Tonight is time-change and we will gain an hour.  To us that means that we will get up at 5:00 instead of our usual 6:00!  That will be good because we can be on the road early and back in Decatur early.  When we reach this point in our trip, we are resigned that the trip is over and are ready to get home and things cleaned up and put away.

This is our dinner.  It is Memphis BBQ pork sandwich, baked beans, slaw, chips and cookies.  It was very good and the best part was that I didn't have to cook it!



No comments:

Post a Comment