Thursday, November 4, 2021

Out and About in Arkansas

This is what our front window of the car looked like this morning.  Our first frosty window of the season.  

 
We decided to drive backroads around Hot Springs looking for fall colors on trees.  We were disappointed.  Hardly any leaves had changed.  I don't know if it is too early here for color change or if
 this is the year the leaves won't be pretty.  



The smaller sumac were turning red but not the brilliant red they normally are.


It was a pretty drive; infact, it is listed as a state scenic highway.

The route went up into the mountains and as we drove, we could see fog settling on the tops of the mountains.







We drove through several small towns on the scenic route.  I am always taking pictures of flags and when I saw this large flag hanging from the front of a service station, I snapped a quick picture.  The wind blew the flag slightly and I saw that the name of the service was "Jerry's Station."  I am posting this picture to honor a good neighbor named Jerry who died a few years ago of ALS.  He was a great neighbor and man who would do anything for you.  We are able to park our motorhome in our driveway because Jerry insisted that we use part of his property to park it.  I think of him often and seeing the name of this station brought back some good memories.

We drove through part of Hot Springs to get to the scenic route   The name of the  motel is Tower Motel.  I liked the addition to the sign "God Bless America."

We got back to Hot Springs around 1 and stopped by a Walmart for a few things.  We were back at camp around 2, ate lunch and then relaxed.  Carol cleaned the car windows and wiped down the car.  He has been wanting to wash the car but it hasn't been convenient to do so.  

It was a nice day.  It was cool this morning.  Our car gauge said it was 39 but for the most part it was sunny.  We did turn on the heater in the car.  I guess that is the first time of many times we will be using the heater in the car.  Kara text me that it got down to 29 last night in Decatur.  I really don't mind winter but I will miss traveling like we have for the last seven weeks.  Tomorrow we will go to Hot Springs National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment